SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Escargot !

Ty and I were at 2J's today when Ty discovered that they had genuine French escargot. He had to try it.

I was very skeptical. Eating snails just didn't sound like something I would enjoy. I was especially worried about the texture. Ty, on the other hand, looked forward to his escargot all day long.

Here are the little guys before they're put back into their shells...



After Ty stuffed them back into their shells (with a tasty sauce) he put them in the oven...



They're done!



Ty was the first one to taste escargot. He loved it! Matt tasted it and also gave it his stamp of approval. I really trust Matt's opinion when it comes to things like this because he can really be a picky eater! But I still wasn't completely convinced. Our friends Shiloh and Jessica tried them and Jessica said they were the best escargot she'd ever had. I really had to talk myself into trying them, but when I did I was so glad! They were a tasty explosion of flavor. Great taste, and the texture wasn't gross at all!

So, yeah, Ty's awesome, but then again, he already knows that.



Whew! What an awesome weekend with my favorite husband!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the easy-to-follow recipes and the process-to-completion pictures of your mouth-watering foods! The colorful photos--of food and REAL PEOPLE that are involved keep me coming back to your blog! Way to go, 6-7-8 and company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try the Chicken and Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar. Sounds so nummy (and I LOVE bells peppers!) Elliot and I had escargot on our honeymoon and I was AMAZED that I liked them. I am not too adventursome, but was glad I did that time! Love you two, Mom

    ReplyDelete