SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, March 29, 2009

"The Madison"

We have a great restaurant here in Montana called The McKenzie River Pizza Company. They have delicious pizzas, pastas, salads and more. It's so good, that every time we go there we have to wait for a table...sometimes for a long time, but we do it because it's delicious.

On my wedding night, June 28, 2006, Ty and I had dinner at McKenzie River with my relatives who were in town for our wedding. My parents were there, along with my brothers, Matt and Jacob, and my sister, Jayne. My Aunt Carrie and Uncle Jeff, along with cousins Mallory and Wyatt were there too. It was a really fun night. That night, and almost every time since I've eaten the "Madison" whenever I eat at McKenzie River.

When Ty's parents took us out to dinner at McKenzie River a couple of weeks ago I decided to try a chicken, bacon, broccoli Alfredo dish instead of the usual "Madison". While the pasta was also delicious, I thought about the "Madison" for days. So I decided to make it!

At McKenzie River the "Madison" is a regular pizza crust topped with tomato sauce, Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese, ricotta cheese, sliced mushrooms and diced bacon. It's amazing. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

Here I am topping the pizza...



Ta-da! Covered with deliciousness!


Here are before and after pictures of our pizza...



I caught Matt by surprise when I took this photo of him cutting the pizza!


Our homemade "Madison" pizza turned out to be just as delicious as the restaurant version. Because it was such a hit with everyone, including our friends Shiloh and Jessica who stopped by, we'll be adding the "Madison" to our regular rotation of pizza recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment