SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ty's Amazing 23rd Birthday Dinner

As I mentioned in a previous post, Ty decided that for his birthday he wanted to serve a 3-course meal featuring recipes that were made with infused vodkas. The dinner was spectacular, but of course, we've come to expect nothing less from Ty!

The first course of Ty's 3-course vodka dinner was Vodka White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup Served in a Roasted Tomato. Yeah, you heard that right...served in a roasted tomato! I don't know about anyone else, but I love foods served in containers that are edible!



The soup was amazing!! We all went back for seconds and some of us (Glen, you know who you are) even went back for thirds!!!

The second course of Ty's birthday dinner was Vodka Lemon Chicken served on a bed of thin spaghetti. I regret to say that I don't have a single photo of this delicious dish. I was far too busy stuffing my face to remember my duties as official food photographer!

The dessert course of Ty's birthday dinner was Blitzed Vanilla Ice Cream with Twisted Citrus. Ty blended vanilla ice cream with vodka and served it with citrus peels cooked in sugar, lemon vodka and then rolled in sugar. I wasn't sure about the Twisted Citrus but it was actually quite delicious! And you just can't argue with ice cream that gives you a buzz. Thumbs up!

Congratulations to Ty...he completely outdid himself!

Here are some really fun photos from the night of Ty's delicious birthday dinner...

Ty and Jacob


Jacob and Cristal


Ty, Cristal and Jacob


Hmmm...Matt, Glen and I were also in attendance. Apparently, we escaped being photographed.

These delicious recipes all came from "The Vodka Cookbook" by John Rose which is available at Barnes and Noble and wherever else books are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment