SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Friday, March 27, 2009

Weekly Meal Plan: March 30, 2009

Today Ty and I sat down and completed our meal plan and grocery list before work. Last week we found a couple too many recipes to try so this week we already had a couple of meals in mind. This is what we'll be making this week:

The "Madison Pizza"

The "Madison" is a pizza served at The McKenzie River Pizza Company here in Great Falls. It has a soft, chewy crust, light tomato sauce and is topped with diced bacon, sliced mushrooms, Cheddar, Provolone and dollops of ricotta cheese. It is absolutely delicious!

Ty's parents took us out to McKenzie River a couple weeks ago and instead of getting my "usual" (the Madison) I decided to try a new pasta dish. While the pasta was also delicious I just couldn't stop thinking about how I wished I'd had the Madison. Thus, it is on this week's meal list.

Chicken and Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar

This is a new recipe we're going to try this week from AllRecipes.com. AllRecipes is my favorite recipe site and most of my favorite recipes have come from there. They rarely steer me wrong, but it remains to be seen whether or not this dish will past the test and make it into our family's regular rotation.

Pineapple Pork Roast with Hawaiian Bread

A couple weeks ago we got a great deal on some pork and threw it into the freezer. I've been looking to try a new pork recipe and wanted something with a luau feel so we're trying this one, also from AllRecipes.com.

The recipe for the Hawaiian Bread also comes from AllRecipes.com. This will be both my first experience making Hawaiian Bread and my first experience making it my breadmaker. *Fingers crossed*

Sausage Rolls

We found a great recipe on AllRecipes.com for making this tasty English treat. When I vacationed in the United Kingdom in 2004, sausage rolls were one of my favorite things to eat. I've never made them for Ty and figured it was time to change that. I'm not a big fan of regular ground sausage so we'll be making these with Gimme Lean brand veggie sausage. I haven't yet decided if I'll serve the sausage rolls with honey mustard dip and a salad, or have breakfast-for-dinner and serve them with scrambled eggs and orange juice. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Vegetarian Lasagna

Ty chose this recipe from one of the cookbooks he used to use frequently when he was a vegetarian. It features a dazzling array of tasty vegetables layered between noodles and cheese. It looks hearty enough to hopefully please Jacob, who isn't always a fan of our meatless cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment