SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Recent Meals

Things have died down a little bit since Jayne went home (gosh, we miss her!). Here are some of the meals we had the week after she left.

Quiche Lorraine

Ty and I wanted to make a quiche. To keep things simple I went to AllRecipes.com and found the highest rated recipe for Quiche Lorraine. Classic, simple, DELICIOUS!! Here's a link to the recipe in case you'd like to try it for yourself: Quiche Lorraine

Here's how it looked!



I served the Quiche Lorraine alongside a salad for a delicious summer meal.



Stuffed Jalapenos

Ty mixes cooked crawfish with cream cheese and then stuffs the jalapenos with the mixture. Since I'm not a seafood fan, I just use plain cream cheese. Then we dip the jalapeno in melted butter, roll it in bread crumbs and bake until tender. These are a sure hit with Matt and Jake every time we make them!

Ty's crawfish ones are on the left. My plain cream cheese ones are on the right.



Apricot-Glazed Chicken

I found an easy recipe for apricot-glazed chicken in my Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" book. The glaze consisted of sugar-free apricot jam, a little margarine, orange juice and freshly-ground black pepper. For so few ingredients, the chicken was really flavorful and delicious. I served it alongside mixed veggies and brown basmati rice. It was a big hit with everyone so it was a healthy recipe I'll be making again!

No comments:

Post a Comment