SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, August 23, 2009

At Last, the Long-Awaited Meatloaf!

Meatloaf was on our meal list last week, but because we wanted to make sure we used up all our leftovers it ended up getting pushed to the next week. When we finally did make it, the guys were definitely ready for it.

I've been making meatloaf for a long time, honestly it's one of those dinners that I probably popped out of the womb knowing how to make. I never use an exact recipe, but nearly every meatloaf I've made has contained the following ingredients: 1 lb. of lean ground beef, 1 lb. of ground turkey, an egg, chopped onion, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and crushed crackers or bread crumbs. Sometimes I even like to go a little crazy adding in different kinds of spices. You get the idea.

Here are the meatloaves before going into the oven. I always make two because we usually eat one and have the other for leftovers.



We served the meatloaves with boxed butter and herb mashed potatoes and "California-style" veggies.



I'm particularly fond of the boxed mashed potatoes from WalMart. They're only $1 and save me from having to wash, peel, cube, boil, drain and mash the potatoes myself (which I try to only do for holidays and other special occasions). Besides all of that, they actually taste good. It doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment