SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quiche Florentine with Blueberry-Walnut Salad

The Quiche Lorraine we made last week was such a hit that I decided to make another variety of quiche this week. I'm a big spinach fan, so Quiche Florentine is absolutely my favorite kind of quiche. I looked for a good recipe for Quiche Florentine online, but didn't find one that really "grabbed" me. I decided to use the basic recipe for Quiche Lorraine and modify to make it Quiche Florentine. So I added chopped fresh spinach to the existing recipe and replaced the cayenne pepper with 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg. It was delicious! I knew the guys liked it when I went to put away the leftovers and there was only one tiny piece left!!

I served the Quiche Florentine with Blueberry-Walnut Salad. I found the recipe for the salad on AllRecipes.com a few days ago and knew I had to try it! We used classic Romaine salad mix, fresh blueberries, chopped walnuts and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. The recipe called for a raspberry vinaigrette, but we substituted Newman's Light Cranberry Walnut Dressing. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment