SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Nectarine Salsa

I found the recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Nectarine Salsa from AllRecipes.com after it was featured as the "Recipe of the Day" a couple of weeks ago. I find a lot of my recipes through the great "Recipe of the Day" newsletter from AllRecipes.com and would recommend it to any and everyone.

The recipe takes flavorfully-seasoned boneless pork chops, grills them and then tops them with a scoop of Fresh Nectarine Salsa. I knew it would be good, but I didn't realize just how good it would turn out.

I started by making the Fresh Nectarine Salsa, which involved a fair amount of chopping. It also required me to seed fresh tomatoes, which I had never done. I looked online for a guide to seeding tomatoes and sure enough, I found a simple one on AllRecipes.com. Here it is for anyone else who is equally clueless: Removing Tomato Seeds We followed the recipe for the salsa exactly, except that we doubled it so we would have extra to eat with chips later. It smelled so delicious while we were making it that it was really hard for Ty and me to wait for dinner to eat it.



The pork chops were really tasty, but simple. The only thing we changed from the recipe was that we added a 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder. Everything came out great!! The guys all went back for seconds and Ty even proclaimed the recipe "restaurant quality".



This is one of the best recipes we've tried lately. Do yourself a favor and try it out for yourself: Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Nectarine Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment