SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Monday, May 11, 2009

Proper English Cottage Pie

Cottage Pie was one of my favorite things I ate when I went to the United Kingdom in 2004. When AllRecipes.com sent me the recipe for Proper English Cottage Pie as a recipe-of-the-day awhile back I was excited to make it!

We made it a couple of days after Easter and because we still had leftover Colcannon I used that in place of plain mashed potatoes for the topping. It was great. The fried cabbage in the Colcannon really added something to the flavor.

Here I'm cooking the carrots and onions together.



Here it is right before going into the oven.



Here's the finished product, which was a savory, comfort food wonder! So delicious!!



Try it for yourself! It's guaranteed to please! Here's the recipe: Proper English Cottage Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment