SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Monday, May 11, 2009

Easter Dinner

This year for Easter dinner I decided to cook my first whole chicken. I found a really great recipe on AllRecipes.com called Juicy Roasted Chicken. The ingredients were simple and the recipes had great reviews. One woman said she used this recipe for a chicken she submitted in a chicken contest and she won the blue ribbon. It sounded so wonderful we just had to try it!

Here's the before picture...



...and after.



The chicken turned out amazing! It was juicy, delicious and just fell apart! It was a big hit, and easy to make, so we'll be having it again. Here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself: Juicy Roasted Chicken

For a side dish we made green bean casserole, which is a holiday favorite in our family. Even though I make sure to make a lot of it, it's always the first thing to go. It's delicious!

Here are the green beans cooking with the tasty maple bacon:



And here's the green bean casserole before I sprinkled on the crunchy onions and popped it into the oven.



Jacob had been pretty disappointed when I didn't make Colcannon for St. Patrick's Day, so I decided to make Colcannon instead of plain mashed potatoes for Easter dinner.

Here's the complete meal. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment