SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekly Meal Plan: April 6, 2009

Ty and I sat down over the weekend and came up with our meal plan for the week. We had everything just about the way we wanted it when we realized that we'd completely forgotten that Easter is on the 12th. So we reworked the meal plan and this is what we came up with...

Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas

Because of my new-found love for bell peppers we decided to try out a recipe for chicken fajitas that we saw in one of our Martha Stewart: Everyday Cooking magazines. I'll give you a hint...we already made it and it was fabulous! Photos and more to come!

Turkey Cranberry Sandwiches

Simple turkey sandwiches with cream cheese and cranberry sauce...always a good time. We usually have these on a busy night with a soup or a salad.

Tandoori Chicken

I found some awesome Tandoori paste at 2J's that I just couldn't resist trying! We're going to have the Tandoori Chicken with the Onion-Roasted Sweet Potatoes that the guys have been asking for and basmati rice. Yum!

Shake and Bake Style Choplets

These are always a fast, easy meal that we can make entirely of things we already have in the pantry. With the big Easter dinner this weekend we thought we'd go with something mindlessly simple.

Easter Dinner Extravaganza

Last year we decided to try something other than turkey for Easter and this year we're continuing on that theme. I found a great recipe for a whole chicken that we're going to try out...it looks mouth-wateringly delicious so we'll see how that goes!

For side dishes I had several requests from the guys... Jacob was still upset that I didn't make Colcannon for St. Patrick's Day, so I'm making Colcannon instead of regular mashed potatoes. He and Matt both also insisted that I make their favorite green bean casserole. Ty's big request was for Deviled Eggs...he loves them. That's about it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I will be linking to you as well! And yes, link away!

    ReplyDelete