SixSevenEight

SixSevenEight

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hey there food blog readers! We're taking a break from your regularly scheduled Megan blogs so I can show off a real monstrosity of a sandwich I made awhile back. We've been watching the "Man Vs. Food" TV show, and all the ridiculously mouth watering meals Adam Richman partakes of have given us a lot of ideas for our own over sized entrees.

In one of the episodes a cook added macaroni and cheese to a cheeseburger, which got me thinking there might be some interesting applications there. I'm a fan of making sandwiches with chicken and wing sauce, so I decided to combine the two ideas. The base of the sandwich is a chicken thigh (skin removed) that I coat heavily with several different seasoning mixtures. The thigh gets baked instead of pan cooked.

Here's me putting together the first layer on an onion bun. That's a mixture of wing sauce and horseradish on the bun for added kick. The macaroni and cheese goes on top.



The next layer is strips of extra thick bacon. I decided this already absurd sandwich needed to go to a whole new level, so I also put on popcorn shrimp. The bottom layer is the finished chicken and more of the wing sauce/horseradish concoction.



That's the face of happiness, right there.




Here's the finished product, in all it's messy and monstrous glory. Part way through I had to start using a fork to catch all the cast offs. This was easily one of the best sandwiches I've eaten, and I'd definitely pay twelve bucks or more to eat this in a restaurant. The combination of flavors and textures is absolutely spot on, and everything mixes together perfectly in your mouth for a truly "Man Vs. Food" worthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment